Jul 18 2012
- Quantitative Methods included: The new IB Economics syllabus includes several newly added sections requiring quantitative analysis. Every new topic is covered in detail, with worked solutions to IB-style problems included
- Video Lectures Embedded: The new Lecture Notes include embedded video lessons that I have been producing over the last year covering nearly every topic. Each lesson ranges from 7 to 15 minutes in length and includes illustrations and clear, spoken explanations of every concept from the syllabus. If you buy the PowerPoint versions of the Lecture Notes, the videos can be viewed right from within the presentation. If you buy the pdf versions, there are direct links to each of the videos, which can then be viewed from my website,The Economics Classroom.
- AP-only units included: AP teachers should not feel left out; I also completely remade the AP-only units on Consumer Behavior and Resource Markets!
- Links to Online Resources: The new Lecture Notes also include updated links to blog posts from Economics in Plain English and dozens of downloadable worksheets and practice activities to guide you to success on the Microeconomics exam.
- PowerPoint or PDF: Just as with the old versions, you have the option of buying the PowerPoints (these can be edited and adapted for individual teacher use) or the PDF (primarily for students) versions of the lecture notes. You now also have the option to buy class sets of the PDFs to distribute to your students to follow along during your lectures.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: If you buy a set of the lecture notes, and within one week decide they are not suited for your needs in the classroom, I guarantee a 100% refund of your purchase. Just shoot me an email and let me know of your concerns, and you’ll have your money back asap.
About the author: Jason Welker teaches International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement Economics at Zurich International School in Switzerland. In addition to publishing various online resources for economics students and teachers, Jason developed the online version of the Economics course for the IB and is has authored two Economics textbooks: Pearson Baccalaureate’s Economics for the IB Diploma and REA’s AP Macroeconomics Crash Course. Jason is a native of the Pacific Northwest of the United States, and is a passionate adventurer, who considers himself a skier / mountain biker who teaches Economics in his free time. He and his wife keep a ski chalet in the mountains of Northern Idaho, which now that they live in the Swiss Alps gets far too little use. Read more posts by this author